Skip navigation to main content.

COVID-19 Update

UPDATE AS OF: October 30, 2020

The Cliff Club is currently open and we look forward to your next visit.

Please visit Snowbird’s website for a full list of COVID-19 safety policies. Guests / Owners staying at the Cliff Club will not need to reserve a parking pass. We do recommend purchasing lift tickets, booking restaurant reservations and reserving a time slot to use the spa in advance.

For links to Activities, The Cliff Spa and Restaurants you can also visit our Resort Amenities page.

Salt Lake County and Snowbird have implemented a mandatory mask policy for all areas of Snowbird Resort which includes The Cliff Club. Please bring your favorite mask with you! (We will also have some available upon request if needed.)

We are committed to maintaining our operations responsibly and have developed safety policies in response to COVID-19. As this is a dynamic situation, we will be frequently adjusting our safety policies and operations to protect our employees and guests.

Social Distancing guidelines are in place which include our pools, Activities, The Cliff Spa and Restaurants. Please purchase tickets, book your reservations and sign wavers in advance.

To view the Cliff Club 2020 Annual Newsletter, the Board of Director’s response to the COVID-19 shut down and your 2020-21 fees click here

RE: June 2020 arrivals dates

UPDATE AS OF: June 3, 2020

Snowbird Resort and The Cliff Club are currently closed through June 11th due to the COVID-19 resort wide shut down.

Our opening day is currently set for June 12th. We will have restaurants available begining on the 12th, and limited summer activities opening on the 13th. The spa facility plans to open for guest 16 and older, however no treatments will be offered at this time. The family pool will be open with Social distancing guidlines in place. Additional information will be sent to owners with upcoming arrivals as we receive more details.

Currently, we have made some adjustments to increase the safety of our guest. Social distancing guidlines will be in place throughout the resort and some areas may require face masks to be worn.

As you may be aware, for the safety of our owners and staff the Cliff Club is currently closed. A definite date for the end of the closure is still unknown. As the tentative opening date is set for June 12th, we are advising arrivals for June 5th and 6th to cancel their travel plans. We will continue with notifications to upcoming arrivals as we know more.

To assure we can contact you quickly, please have a current email address on file with our office. If we do not have an email, your notice will be sent via US postal service.

You can update your contact information here.

RE: May 2020 arrival dates

Currently we have advised guests with arrivals through May to cancel their travel plans. We will continue to contact owners with upcoming arrivals as new information becomes available. To assure we can contact you as quickly as possible, please provide us with a current email address if you do not have one on file. Click here to be directed to our contact information page or use our Feedback link to email us directly.

We look forward to re-opening at the appropriate time, until then stay safe and healthy. The Cliff Club Staff

RE: April 2020 arrival dates

As you may be aware, for the safety of our owners and staff the Cliff Club is currently closed. Because a definite date for the end of the closure is unknown, we recommend that owners with arrival dates through the month of April 2020 cancel their travel plans.

As noted in the March arrivals post below, the Board is continuing to evaluate the situation:

The Cliff Club Board of Trustees remains in close contact with Snowbird as this continues to be an extremely dynamic situation. As owners themselves, they understand how disappointing the cancellation of your planed vacation time is. Unfortunately, it’s too early to determine what action can be taken as we do not yet know the total number of owners this will impact. Please keep in mind that every week is owned by someone so re-scheduling is not an option. Maintenance fees are typically non-refundable; but the Board is currently evaluating what action can be taken. We will be reaching out to all owners as soon as we know more. Until then, we appreciate your patience.”

As information updates our goal is to inform owners as quickly as possible. Therefore, email communications are prefered. If you do not have an email address on file you can submit one to us directly by using the “Feedback” link located in our contact page. Owners with no email address will be notified via US postal services.

Stay safe and healthy, The Cliff Club Staff

RE: March 2020 arrival dates

On March 21st, Snowbird released the following updated information regarding operations which will impact your reservation booked for March of 2020:

“We have continued to monitor the dynamic and unprecedented COVID-19 public health crisis and, as a result of the unfolding events surrounding it, our team has made the careful determination to extend the suspension of our operations indefinitely. We are closed for now and, while we cannot underestimate the extreme fluidity of our current situation, our goal is to reopen when we can.”

Because a definite date for the end of the closure is unknown, we recommend that owners with arrival dates in March cancel their travel plans.

The Cliff Club Board of Trustees remains in close contact with Snowbird as this continues to be an extremely dynamic situation. As owners themselves, they understand how disappointing the cancellation of your planed vacation time is. Unfortunately, it’s too early to determine what action can be taken as we do not yet know the total number of owners this will impact. Please keep in mind that every week is owned by someone so re-scheduling is not an option. Maintenance fees are typically non-refundable; but the Board is currently evaluating what action can be taken. We will be reaching out to all owners as soon as we know more. Until then, we appreciate your patience.
Stay safe and healthy,
The Cliff Club Staff  

RE:  Update for 23rd  Annual Owner Meeting

To all owners at The Cliff Club at Snowbird

It has been an unbelievable 48 hours since I compiled the last email to you regarding a change to the annual owners meeting.  Since that time Park City, Utah has closed all restaurants to on-premises dining and all ski areas in the Salt Lake City area have discontinued operations for at least the next 7 days. 

Snowbird has made the decision to close all hotel facilities for the next week (at a minimum).  All current guests at The Cliff Club will be vacating rooms by 2PM on Monday March 16th.  At this time guests that are checking in on March 20 and 21 are being told to cancel their plans. We will keep those of you that are scheduled to arrive March 27 and 28 informed as to status when we have further word. 

Due to this unfortunate and unexpected closure, the Cliff Club Annual Owner meeting will be postponed. Additional information will be sent out once a new date is set. We want to thank all of you that signed up for the Webinar. New Webinar log in information will be provided with the new meeting date once it  is determined.

The Cliff Board is in close contact with Snowbird management and they will keep us updated on potential  re-opening of the resort. Current plan is for them to meet and evaluate re-opening date(s) on Sunday March 22. For current information please visit: www.snowbird.com/COVID-19  We will have information posted in regards to your reservations as soon as we have word from Snowbird management.

On behalf of the Cliff Club Board

Brent Bowman President of the Board of Trustees